Five Day Practitioner Seminar
Join us on 29th March – 2nd April 2020
How do we best develop people to create leaders for the future? This is a question for leaders, facilitators, trainers, change agents, coaches and learning commissioners worldwide.
Building on the ground-breaking work detailed in PROVOKE: The Art of Transformative Facilitation, this is a five day practitioner seminar that is an immersive learning retreat, introducing you to TRANSFORM8© – the new methodology in transformative facilitation. With over 60 years of combined facilitation practice working with leaders, executives and ‘high potential learners’ in over 40 countries come and join us to learn directly from the authors Keith Jones and Tessa Sharp.
In this 4.5-day seminar you can expect the unexpected! You will be asked to be curious, courageous and active in both learning and facilitation. Working with the principles, practices and methodology detailed in PROVOKE: The Art of Transformative Facilitation you will work directly with the authors to explore, expand and develop your field of practice. So whether you are a leader, involved in adult learning, a facilitator, a project manager or a change agent, you will be encouraged to place your learning directly in the context within which you live and work.
Beginning with a self-assessment of your own experience, beliefs and perceptions, you will be encouraged to identify and work at the edge of your practice. Providing a unique opportunity to safely explore the areas of facilitation in which you feel comfortable and stepping beyond in order to experiment and stretch your range.
Designed as a learning retreat (we know how busy you all are) this seminar will provide an opportunity to relax, share, engage, inspire and restore. Set within the beautiful and luxurious surroundings of Lainston House, the seminar will take place in the private space of the traditional oak beamed Dawly Barn.
Why this course? You will be enveloped in a fully immersive, deeply personal and intense learning experience that will:
- Expose you to the exciting possibilities and potential of adult learning through the application of TRANSFORM8© and the 8 dimensions of transformation
- Introduce you to the philosophy, core principles and key skills associated with transformative facilitation
- Provide a safe, supportive (and sometimes challenging) environment in which to explore, experiment with, practise and hone your facilitation skills. Thereby increasing your range and confidence as facilitator
- Provide you with an experience as a learner receiving transformative facilitation (and potentially reaching a few your own ‘aha’ moments!)
- Enable you to take away learning that is specific and directly relevant to you and the context within which you live and work
- Increase your professional network
- Subject to a light assessment on the final day, provide you with a Practitioner Level Alchemy accreditation and certificate in transformative facilitation
- Welcome you into the Alchemy Alumni and Transformative Facilitation Community of Practice
The five day seminar is for experienced leaders, facilitators, trainers, change agents, coaches and learning commissioners who want to go beyond their learning edge and are ready to learn and apply transformative methods, taking facilitation to the next level.
The seminar is designed to allow the space to go beyond an introduction to TRANSFORM8©, experimenting extensively with the tools and methodologies and become practitioner of the TRANSFORM8© way.
Not sure if you’re the right participant for this seminar? Please do get in touch and we’ll gladly help!
- All sessions for the 4.5-day learning retreat
- Participant workbook
- Food and drink provided for lunch and morning/afternoon breaks
- Wednesday evening celebration dinner
- Subject to a light assessment on the final day, a Practitioner Level Alchemy accreditation and certificate in transformative facilitation
- A truly unique experience!
This retreat will take place at Lainston House, which is a stunningly restored 17th century English country house, with an imposing façade, roaring log fires and a line of Wellington boots that invite you to explore the 63 acres of landscaped grounds. Perfect for taking in the fresh country air with space for exercise and contemplation. Only 10 minutes drive from the historic medieval city of Winchester and less than one hour by train from central London, this is the ideal spot to get away from it all, to take stock and to stretch your facilitation wings!
International participants are well served by a range of local airports:
London Heathrow – 1 hour (direct trains run from central London to Winchester every 30 mins)
London Gatwick – 1 hour 40 mins
Southampton – 27 mins
Bournemouth – 50 mins
We recommend you stay at the Lainston House to fully engage with the whole seminar experience. However, there are numerous places to stay in the local area to meet any budget. Please make your own arrangements for booking.
- Lainston House: A special price of £125 + VAT per night on a bed and breakfast basis for a limited number of rooms. Contact us for the special password to book direct with the hotel and secure your special room rate.
- Premier Inn Winchester: £69 upwards per night (within walking distance of the town centre, 6.2 miles)
- Mercure Winchester Hotel: £80-£90 per night (central Winchester, 3.8 miles)
- Holiday Inn Winchester: £100-£150 per night (next to the M3, 6 miles)
- Airbnb: Sparsholt or Winchester City Centre ranging in price from £40+ per night
We will begin first thing Sunday morning on 29th March 2020 and close after lunch on Thursday 2nd April.
Sessions will run from 09:00 to 13:00 and then from 16:15 to 20:00 each day, providing you with the space to exercise, explore, reflect, or simply relax each afternoon.
Casual and comfortable layers
If you have any particular dietary requirements please contact us.
Please come with a courageous, positive and open mindset and be prepared to step with us into the space of the ‘unknown unknown’. This is the place where magic happens!